Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Worthy Throne [Replacing A Toilet Seat]

Today we're talking about toilet seats. I know this is what you've all been waiting for.

But priorities, man. We use the toilet more than once a day my good people. Have you seen the toilet seat we had?

the "cushy tooshie" seat

Yeah, it's that good 'ol retro cushioned vinyl that you can never honestly say is clean no matter how much you scrub. 

And it was baby blue.

Priorities.

The toilet is relatively new and water-efficient, so we were at least good on that front and able to save a little dough. Therefore a new toilet seat was in order.

I went to Lowes and stood before what I've dubbed "the great wall of toilet seats". Egads, who would have thought there's so many options?! 


At the very least I knew not to go too cheap with this. Our last toilet seat was a flimsy lightweight cheapo that had come with the toilet and was always sliding off its hinges. Very alarming to sit down and have the whole seat slide away with you.

After standing in front of that odd wall for longer than I care to admit trying to decide on a simple toilet seat, we wound up with a semi-heavy-duty soft-close seat made by Church.

The seat was very easy to install - Karl graciously was the one to do the job and it took no more than 15 minutes from start to finish.


Yay for a quick and easy project! We needed that.

Oh, and it's a win with the brand-name being "Church". In the short time we've had it, I've been finding it fun to randomly announce to Karl that I'm going to Church. It always earns me a sad shake of his head.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Get updates about our old home restoration, DIY tutorials, and project ideas to your inbox!

Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...