Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Piano Bench Project

Hi guys! This will be a very quick post, but wanted to share this piano bench that I came across this past weekend.  



Look at those legs!

I have some delicious plans for this stylin' piece. I definitely want to make it a tufted bench. It's been almost a year since I've done my headboard tufting project, and a first for trying a bench, so it'll be a good learning curve. 

However, there is one hangup with it:


...it's a storage bench. Which is awesome. But I had to now come up with a way to cover it with fabric without messing with the hinges or the gap necessary for opening and closing the lid. Hmmm....yeah....Not sure how to do that whatsoever...

I tried to find tutorials for doing a tufted storage bench on google and pinterest, but didn't have much luck. ...and this is why I love Instagram so much. I posted a pic of the bench with an S.O.S. on my profile for how to do a project like this, and in no time with the help of a great gal who wanted to do a similar project, we both got answers. Huzzah! 

With that hurdle out of the way, it was on to design! For fabric color, I'm thinking jewel tones, specifically a rich emerald green such as the pic below: 


So pretty!

As for the legs, I briefly debated a regency look with gold, but I'm leaning towards a white-washed or reclaimed wood style. 


I have a few more projects in the wings that need their finishing touches, and then I'll be free to get started on this bench! Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get updates about our old home restoration, DIY tutorials, and project ideas to your inbox!

Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...