Tuesday, March 17, 2015

General Finishes Paint Contest [Vote for Me!]


As many of you have probably noted by now, I'm a HUGE fan of General Finishes milk paints and exclusively use it for painting furniture. I can't get enough of them and wish everybody would try them and discover the wonders of milk paint! Fast-drying, non-toxic, beautiful range of colors, brush-forgiving and solid coverage...need I go on? Ok, well yes, I do, because their customer service rocks! Anytime I have a question, I can just Instagram, tweet, or email them, and they usually respond within an hour or less (sometimes within minutes) with great advice! You can't beat that!

So when GF announced they were holding a contest, I was all in! I sent in 3 entries (see below to vote), and as of 3/16, voting has begun!

This is where I need your help! Winners are chosen by the amount of votes their piece/s receive. 

Uh huh. Getting where I'm going with this?

"But Draven, will this mean I have to sign up or give them my email to vote?"

Aha! You do not! In fact, all you have to do is click on one (or even all three if you're a generously awesome person!) of the pieces shown below, and it will take you to GF's voting page. Simply click on the box towards the bottom marked "Vote for this item", and that's it!


You can vote once on each piece. Or, if you want to be a major fan and a bit mischievous with their "once per IP address" rule (and GF does encourage "shenanigans" for this contest!), use a different device (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone...) each time and give multiple votes. We'll keep it just between us... ^_-

"But Draven, how do I share the voting page to help spread the word?"

I'm so glad you asked! You must be the Samwise to my Frodo! Either you can copy & paste the voting page's URL to any of your social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), or you can use the given buttons at the bottom of each voting page.

Exhibit A:



Here are the three pieces I have up for voting:

Royal Blue & Gold Dresser
{VOTE HERE}




This piece had its surprises and took approximately 15 hours of work, but the final color combo makes it a real eye-catcher. Vote Here!


Grey Two-Tone Secretary Desk
{VOTE HERE}




This piece was my grandmother's and I remember when it had sat in her dining room as a buffet table. Therefore, imagine my surprise when I found it to be a secretary desk! It was in need of some restoration that involved wood filling and sanding, and even a good scrubbing in some places, but it was worth it! Vote Here!


Gold-Dipped Regency Side Tables
{VOTE HERE}




These two pretty tables were in awful shape when I first got them! Stained, dinged, chipped, drawn on with crayons, and even just plain 'ol dirty, they needed a lot of prep work before I could even get to the painting stage! However, once their first coats were applied, they started to look like completely new gals! Add in a fun gold-dip and paper liners, you'd never guess their humble beginnings! Vote Here!


I would be ever-so-grateful if you choose to support me and vote for any of these pieces! Voting ends 3/30/15 (Monday) at noon.

In all seriousness, THANK YOU to y'all for reading this blog, leaving me feedback on my furniture, ideas, and designs, and just all-around coming along for the ride! I love getting to "meet" each of you and even though we haven't met in-person, I feel like I'm slowly getting to know each of you (and I hope vice-versa!). Truly, thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Get updates about our old home restoration, DIY tutorials, and project ideas to your inbox!

Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...