Friday, February 20, 2015

Re-Shoot (Why NOT to Rush Photoshoots)

So between hoping that I'm not getting paint dust in my lungs from the dresser I'm currently sanding and painting indoors and house hunting, I've taken the opportunity to re-shoot my royal blue and gold dresser.

Yeah. Ever since posting those pix I've been cringing... I was in a rush the day I shot them, and have been waiting for the chance to redo them. Here's a sample of what they initially looked like:


...Not pretty. At. All.

Thus, last night I commandeered my hubby to helping me carry the blue dresser to a different room where I knew the lighting would be better and spent the better part of the night nursing my back with a heating pad as a result of lifting that heavy beast. (Dang I need to get in shape...)

I got to work this morning and took a slew of pix, one of which you can see below. If you'd like to see the rest from this newer shoot, you can find the post here.


Muchos better! Amazing how much lighting comes into play when doing photos! A room that gets soft, even light at some point of the day is a gem - use it!

Also, if you take away anything from this post, do take the time to get it right the first time!

Have a good weekend, y'all! 


2 comments:

  1. What a pretty color and I love the gold with it! I do know what you mean about moving for a good picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lighting is so tricky, huh? :)

      Delete

Get updates about our old home restoration, DIY tutorials, and project ideas to your inbox!

Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...