Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Light at the End of the Tunnel!

I'll get to the reason for this post's title in a bit, but first...rock-climbing!

To beat off the winter boredom, I and a couple of gals banded together to go rock-climbing this past weekend.  Not my first time climbing, but first time belaying and learning to strap myself in for climbing.  I had trouble with belaying - I felt like a blond trying to get the procedure down.  The poor guy instructing us, Rich, had to patiently explain it to me several times while a 13-ish-yr-old girl near us causally belayed for her friend like she'd done it all her life.  But I was feeling good about tying the knots for myself to climb before the end of the night, so I did learn something.

view from 35 ft up.  and yes, doesn't everyone climb with a camera...?


I love that it's a workout not only for your arms but also your brain as you try to figure out how best to navigate yourself up the wall.  Keeping things fun and interesting is my kind of exercise!


Not a bad way to spend a Saturday night, right?

So what else has been going on?  Well, glad you asked, my savvy friend, you.  I've been bad at getting around to telling this, but I've been working a good book-keeping job since this past Fall.  Karl started a new job at the end of last year as well that puts us close to the income we were before being jobless.  For the first time in nearly a year, we have an income again.  Big praises, right?!  Better yet, my job still allows me the flexibility to work film stuff into the side.  As a result, I've recently been hired on as the Production Coordinator for a feature film shooting this spring, so I'll be starting posts about that project pretty soon!  Exciting!

Last but not least, to enlighten y'all about the title of this entry.  But first, make a guess.

No really, guess.

Hint: it's something to do with furniture - begins with "c" and ends with "ouch".

You get me?

Then get ready to jump up and down with me!

News came our way yesterday that our couch & chair set are due to arrive either by the end of this week or the beginning of next!!!!   WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  That means that we'll have a couch by the end of next week at the latest!!!  It's been FIVE MONTHS since we've had a lick of furniture in the living room, and let me tell ya, we've "survived", but man will it be wonderful to have real furniture again!  Now we can have people over without adding "BYOC" (Bring your own chair).  No seriously, we really did that.  Check it here.  lol.

Lots keeping us busy through this winter!  Very blessed.  I think I'm gonna be catching myself breaking into goofy grins for the next few days every time I think about our couch arriving soon....hehe - Until then, ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get updates about our old home restoration, DIY tutorials, and project ideas to your inbox!

Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...