- 3 tbsps water
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
Note: Soaked flaxseed acts just as similarly as an egg when used, and adds omega-3's and fiber to the cake (we celiacs need our fiber!). Otherwise, substitute one egg.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup sorghum
- 1 & 1/4 cup skinned and chopped apple
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 water (or milk)
- dash cinnamon
- brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- If using the flaxseed rather than an egg, add the flaxseed into the 3 tbsps of water in a small separate bowl and let it sit and thicken 5-10 mins.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and soda.
- Add the oil and thickened flaxseed oil (or egg), apple pieces, and mix while adding the water.
- Pour mix into 8-inch square baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until it's golden brown on top
- When it's golden, take it out and add the sugar and cinnamon topping as a nice coating, then put it back into the oven for another 10 mins, or until an inserted toothpick comes up clean.
This baby won't last long. Ours lasted 2 days. ;)
(thanks to glutenfreehomemaker, vegetarianmama and simplysugarandglutenfree for the feature!)