Saturday, March 10, 2012

First Things First

I told myself I would start a blog again this year, so here I am!  

I've also been meaning to have a place to share my own experiments with recipes that contain no gluten (I was diagnosed with Celiacs in 2006), lactose, or nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, cherries, eggplant, etc).  It was definitely daunting at first to try cooking or baking anything again (do you know how many pre-made GF foods have potato starch in them?!), but once I started looking at what I could still eat, certain brands of food have been found and recipes have been developed.

I also intend to use this blog to chronicle and share things going on in life, from the latest film I'm working on, to something I'm currently geeking out about, furniture I've painted, the ongoing hunt for a house, a way I've found to save some money on groceries ($5 for a loaf of GF bread definitely takes a chunk out of any grocery budget...), and just life in general.

So, in the words of D.J. MacHale, "Hobey ho, let's go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get updates about our old home restoration, DIY tutorials, and project ideas to your inbox!

Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...